For around 20-30 Nuggets
8-10 soy steaks – 1 bag
4 cups Wheat flour/chickpea/red lentils /yellow peas flour or mix
garlic powder Breadcrumbs
Sea salt & black pepper to taste
1.Cook the soy steaks in boiling water with the spices
until they are softened
2. Take the soy steaks off the pan and let them chill
3. Squeeze out excess water by placing between 2 plates or by using a rolling pin
4. Cut the soy steaks into long strips, approximately 1-1.5 cm wide
5.Heat 1-inch oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a large skillet or saucepan.
6. Whisk together 2 cups of the flours with approx 1 cup of water in a bowl. You don’t want the batter too thick to stir. It should be like a pancake batter.
put the rest 2 cups of flour in a 2nd bowl.
7. Dip the soy steaks pieces individually into the wet bowl and then pressing into the mixed flour of choice. shake off the excess flour and then dip the strips into the breadcrumbs to coat; Place the coated pieces onto a plate until all pieces have been coated.
7. Fry in the warm oil with continuous flipping
8. Once golden brown put the strips on a plate with a paper towel and serve warm!